Astral Projection – In-Novation
Astral projection refers to an out-of-body-experience (OBE) during which the soul leaves the physical body and travels to the astral plane, which is said to be an intermediate world between heaven and earth. People often experience this state during illness or when involved in a near death experience, but it is also possible to practice astral projection at will. This article contains instructions on how to get started.
1. Start in the morning. Rather than practicing astral projection at night, right before you go to sleep, start in the early morning hours when you’re still drowsy. Some say that it’s easier to reach the necessary state of relaxation and heightened awareness around dawn.
2. Create the right atmosphere. Astral projection requires a state of deep relaxation, so it should be performed in a part of your home where you’re completely comfortable. Lie on your bed or sofa and relax your body.
- It’s easier to perform astral projection alone than it is with someone else in the room. If you usually sleep with a partner, choose a room other than the bedroom to practice astral projection.
- Draw the shades or curtains and rid the room of distracting noises. Any type of interruption could disrupt the state of relaxation you need to achieve.
3. Lie down and relax. Position yourself on your back in your chosen room. Close your eyes and try to clear your mind of distracting thoughts. Concentrate on your body and how it feels. The goal is to achieve a state of complete mind and body relaxation.
- Flex your muscles and then loosen them. Start with your toes and work your way up your body, gradually making your way to your head. Make sure every muscle is completely relaxed when you are through.
- Breathe deeply and exhale completely. Don’t hold tension in your chest and shoulders.
- Focus your mind on your breathing. Don’t get carried away with thoughts of outside worries, and don’t get preoccupied yet with the idea of your soul projecting from your body. Just let yourself sink into relaxation.